Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter to All!




Hello everyone - I hope you are all having a very happy and safe Easter.

I have been painting this afternoon and this little miss is what I have come up with - there is a lot of texture on the painting (I can't get away from texture, just love it) and now I am really stuck for a title for this painting. I was thinking "Lil Gardener" or "Little Miss" but I am not sure if either one of these is any good. Does anyone have a fitting title? I would love to hear it if you do.

I still need to complete the edges of the canvas, varnish and add a hanging hook - once that is done, in a few days I suppose, I will be listing this painting on eBay and will provide a link.

Also, I was thinking of having a little "give away" competition very soon, but I think I need to get a few more followers before I do that.

Cheers all, wishing you happy painting, Val




14 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the collage elements in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ELizabeth, the collage is a first for me and I had a great time with the scissors and the newspaper all over the kitchen lol - I think the collage makes this painting, rather than just paining on the love hearts, cheers Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable! I love her lips that look like a butterfly! And the collage is great. You are inspiring me!! :-) Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautyful she is...awesome painting..the papercollage stands out....and the little butterfly mouth..I have got a feeling that my comments will repaid themselves very often...happy Easter!!
    greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work! So beautiful!
    oooxxx
    Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. she's so pretty. Love the texture in your work.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Hope you are having a happy Eater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the collage elements in it too, and in general I think the whole series is sweet and you can see they have been painted with love. You'll be sorry to see these gals go I think.

    Carmen : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so much, all you lovely talented ladies for your comments - they are heartwarming to me and I appreciate every comment I receive - you are all so sweet and so kind and most of all, very talented in your own unique brand of art. HUGZ to all, cheers Val xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  10. cutesy!!! Hey she reminds me of Heidi! Maybe a title to do with that story?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jade, I am stumped for a title and I want one before I list her on eBay - "Little Miss" still sounds the best to me, but I dont know still - lol - cheers love :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting my blog, Vania and for the nice comment. Your work is wonderful - very original. I look forward to checking back often.

    ReplyDelete