Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Imagine" mixed media 25cm x 30cm

This is my next little miss - I have just named this one "Imagine"...



...only because when I started this painting out, it looked nothing like this and this was not what I had imagined - but this is what it came out as - she has lots and lots of texture - painted using mixed media - she even has tissues over her for texture and that dreamy soft look.

I am going to put my foot down now as I really do not have time to paint for the next few days, I really need to start working on the GST for the last quarter (for all you lovely non-Australians, GST is paperwork/accounting every 3 months and it is a pain in the a**, I hate it but I must do it).

I just quickly wanted to mention that over the last week, 4 of my mixed media paintings have sold on eBay and I am so very happy about that - I will be listing this little miss later on tonight and I will post a link here once its done.

Thank you to all you lovely artists out there that have stopped by my blog in these last few weeks and left such lovely heartwarming comments - I love reading them and try to answer every single one - they are very much appreciated.

Until next time, wishing you all the best, regards Val xxoo

15 comments:

  1. She's just beautiful! Which makes me realise I really should be doing more mixed media - my favourite. Congratulations on your ebay sales too!

    Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail, thanks so much for taking the time to visit the blog - yes, I am very happy about selling the paintigs on eBay (such a bonus when they are purcahsed) - and mixed media is definitely a fun artistic outles (a bit messy lol but fun) - take care Val xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so pretty!! I love the many textures and the fun background. It doesn't surprise me at all that you are able to sell your art on eBay...:-) Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Silke, you are a sweety, thanks for your lovely comments - with eBay its reall wierd, there are weeks with not one sale, and then...bang... 4 in the space of a few days - but its all good, you take the good with the bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-you are just powering away with these little beauties...well done...this one is gorgeous once again and I'm sure she will just disappear in a e-bay sale too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is darling and you deserve the sales. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vania,

    Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and post such a lovely comment on my painting. I love your painting too! I love the texture that you use. Its really different, and I hope you are successful on ebay!

    Hugs
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is wonderful! I often start off with something in mind and end up with something totally different too. I kinda like it when that happens :]
    Yay for ebay sales!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a award for you on my blog! Look forward to seeing you recieve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swim on over to my site and pick up an award you deserve.

    Hugs
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! You are so talented! Just a busy little girl creating all these wonderful paintings!!! I wanted you to know I left you an award on my blog! Please stop by when you can.Thank you fo the sweet comments you left on my blog I am soooo sorry it took me a few days to tell you thank you.....it means so much to me!!! I hope you are doing well!
    HAPPY DAY!!!
    ~Nina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ves, thanks for the lovely comments - I am taking a break now as I really need to make time for some boring business accounting - but I will be back as I am having a ball painting these little misses - see you later today, Val xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pencil Sanity, thanks so much for making time to stop by and leave a beautiful comment - you are a sweety, Val xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Once Upon a Blue Cow - I am glad I am not the only one that sometimes has no idea what the painting will look like - this one was a lovely surprise at the end - and the sales are so good, thanks you - Val xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. To Vintage Nina, Shelley and Julie-ann - a very big THANK YOU for giving me this lovely lovely award - thank you so much for thinking of me. HUGZ!!!

    ReplyDelete