Monday, April 20, 2009

New little painting "Autumn is Here"...






...well its just about winter here, actually...

I have been busy with accounting work for the last few days and finally, I have finished it (95% complete) so I can breath easy now, and I am much happier - best of all, the kiddies are back at school and I was able to paint a little painting which I started last night and just completed this afternoon.

It is a mixed media artwork using acrylic paints and paper collage (she also has little pearl like love-hearts on her dress) - 20cm x 25cm x 1.7cm edges - as I am in a happy mood (after finishing all the accounting) this feeling has spilled over into the painting which is bright and colourful and was a heap of fun to make.

I will be listing this painting on Etsy shortly - I hope you all like it - also, I hope you have all had a great weekend...cheers Val xxoo

13 comments:

  1. a CONTEMPORARY CLASSIC


    Best regards,

    Robert Lau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robert, you are very kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that looks like Ves! Very nice painting Val!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you two, did you hear that Ves, Jade said she thinks this girl looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm...maybe that's why I like it so much LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darla, thank you so much for leaveing such lovely feedback on Etsy - I so look forward to receiving the little painting. Will let you know when it arrives - HUGZ Val xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh she is lovely and the background is beautiful! I know what you mean about getting 'stuff' done and out of the way, then it's so much easier to create when you don't have all that stuff on your mind. Happy Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like her! Especially how you made the background and her dress sort of muted, which makes her face just "pop out." Beautiful!! :) Silke

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love here. She's very pretty. Love the colors and background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim, Silke and Sara, thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments.

    I am going through a phase where I love fuzzing out the backgrounds and leaving the main subject in sharp contrast, sort of like the effect - I am going to do a bit more painting now that I have finished all my other more urgent things - its great to sit down now and paint without thinking of business stuff. Cheers, til later, hugz val

    ReplyDelete