Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Queen of Hearts" or "Hearts Aflutter"...?






The sides of the canvas are covered in the same pearl metallic paper with gold detail...






Hello ladies, thank you all so much for stopping by and giving me ideas regarding the background - I will take some of those suggestions and use them in my next painting - this one is hearts made out of the same pearl metallic craft paper used on the dress and headband, so it all ties in, with heaps of gold filigree texture over the pearl.

I have also darkened the background with rose colour as it was a bit pale before - I like the depth of colour I get with watercolour pencils so I may do a few more paintings in this medium - also, I love these small 20cm x 25cm x 1.7cm edge canvases, as I can finish a painting in a day and also, they are much easier to post if and when they sell.

Thank you Francien for suggesting the love hearts in the background - I think they come out nicely without taking away the focus off the main subject.
This painting is now listed on Etsy (original painting) and RedBubble for prints!

Keep up the beautiful artwork and thank you for the friendships I have found through these blogs. All the very best, Val (HUGZ TO ALL)

11 comments:

  1. Ohhh, how cute! She's very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she turned out beautifully! I love the hearts and all the gold detail! Gorgeous!! :) Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara and Silke - thank you for your lovely words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's really quite pretty! I think she looks more like a fair maiden than a queen. I really like the repetition of patterns in the hearts and the bodice and the dress trim and headband! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I love your work is beautiful! thanks for visiting my blog and follow
    Greetings from Spain
    Myrarte♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw....that turned out beautyful!!...I am sitting here and glowing because you took-up on my humble suggestion..you made it special again by making the hearts from the same paper as her dress....awesome!!
    greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello three lovely ladies: Francien, Myrarte and Shaina - thank you so much for your lovely comments - I am happy with the way the paitning turned out, I will be doing a larger one now but I am thinking of gold and blue for the pain colours but in a a smilar pattern. Cheers, hugz Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love how sweet she looks! oooxxx Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you both Darla and Zinnia xxxooo

    ReplyDelete