Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Guardian Angel" mixed media 25cm x 30cm










I started this painting last night when the kiddies went to sleep and painted well into the night - I finished her this afternoon and varnished her as well in two thick coats of lush gloss varnish.

While on holidays, I have been imagining this painting in my mind - the colours I would use and the way I would emphasise the angel's wings and I am happy with the way my painting has turned out. I have used crackle medium for her wings and lots of gold and white filigree paint for texture.

She will be listed on etsy and ebay shortly, a perfect little guardian angel to watch over your little ones.

Hope everyone is well and good and happy - hugz Val xxxooo

13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much InnerEarthSoaps - by the way, I just love your soap, the gardenia scent is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way she stands off against the airy wings, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth - I was imagining this angel on holidays so I had to paint her - she came out similar to what I had in mind. Hugz Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just gorgeous! I love her eyes - she looks so kind and gentle...a perfect angel! I also like the effects of the crackle medium - I might have to try that sometime. Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Angel Val! Love the dimension on those wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Silke - thanks so much - yes, cracking medium is just great, you definitely need to try using it, it just makes your painting that extra special - cheers and hugz Valxo

    Hi Darla, thanks heaps - I had a great time outlining the wings with the gold and white paint, time consuming but very worth the effort. Cheers Val xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vania!!! Those wings are amazing!!! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shaina, thanks so much :) - they were time consuming but I am glad I put the effort in, tey make the painting I think, cheers Val xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh, beautiful-so lovely to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kimmie, thanks so much :) Val xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Sherry - she was heaps of time-consuming fun while I painted her - Val xo

    ReplyDelete