Wednesday, May 27, 2009

SOLD "Just Waiting" mixed media painting







Canvas panel 25cmx 30cm... and lots of gold filigree paint outlining the whole painting!

Hello all, well, today I had one of those great days where I was all by my lonesome (kiddies at school and hubby out and about) - so I listened to music all day and painted this little miss. I didn't have anything specific in mind when I started - first I did the textured background and then the little miss came along - it is all done in shades of brown green and gold.

I have decided to varnish this painting in my very onw secret way, which mutes the colours and the painting looks all dreamy - this kind of varnishing just makes all my paintings look better, I think!

Its great to be able to relax now after a few days of hard work on the farm - I will be able to spend lots more time now pinting. Cheers Val xxxooo

6 comments:

  1. She's so pretty! Those eyes... I love all the texture in your background and the colors are lovely! :) Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Silke - I had a great time playing around with the background - there is so much texture which doesn't show up so great in the photo, cheers and hugz Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noice!! These must look great all hanging up together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jade, lol - thanks, I hope I sell them, bugger having them all hanging nicely together - chat soon Val xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she is so sweet, she is one of my favorites. Such a beautiful softness about her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie-ann, thank you so much - this little miss really did come out very sweet, cheers Val xo

    ReplyDelete