Friday, June 5, 2009

Just a quck hello to my Blogger friends,







Hey guys, I just wanted to say hello and that I have kept to my word (I haven't painted in nearly a week, wow, weird feeling) - and since I don't have any new paintings to post, I thought I would show you a photo of my two painting buddies, they both keep me company in the studio when I am painting at night (but its been to cold lately to paint in the studio so we haven't been there together for a while)


Luther is our gentle giant, our pure bread English Mastiff and Pepper is my moggy, run of the mill, cat (she is a real character and Luther is extremely special) - its so great that they get along so well and sleep together to keep each other warm. Luther has to be seen to be believed - he weights in at a cool 100kg and is 4 years old - he would be considred a small English Mastiff as they can grow much bigger - both Pepper and Luther are allowed into the house on cold nights when we are relaxing and watching TV. Pepper is fine, you don't even know she is there, Luther on the other hand snores so loud, we cannot hear the TV lol.


So now that I have shared a bit with you all, I am feeling a bit better. Hope everyone is well and happy and I look forward to chatting with you soon, hugz Val


ps I am excited about an order of glass tiles I have purchased as I want to make some of those gorgeous art pendants - will post a pic of them when they are made! Cheers!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Val!
    I love your pet photos! My boyfriend's nephew has an English Mastiff and he is also HUGE! His name is Diesel :) They are beautiful dogs.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I see you're in the best of company! They look like best buds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, your pets are wonderful and remind me of ours the way they get along! It's so funny that you are talking about it getting too cold while we are sweltering in summer heat... Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Silke
    P.S. Your Mother Nature from your previous post is gorgeous!! How did I miss her?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool, that your dog and cat can be companions.
    I´m sure they bring a lot of you to you.
    Have a good weekend
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL they are like a more refined version of Fletcher and Eric LOL Very cute photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just said "AWWWW"...how sweet, they are so cute together...opposites attract ?...
    Thank you for your lovely comment and visit to my Etsy.
    It is all new to me to be offering my art, so i think I went the opposite way around, and haven't offered any of my original art yet...still to get the courage...
    I love your art esp the girls, of course, and you have a real individual style about your work, which I have yet to achieve, ...I will add you to my blog as an inspirational other!....keep in touch, ...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ladies, thank so much for your lovely comments - Luther and Pepper are very dear to us, we are all masive pet lovers - I also wish I could have shown you a photo of our little Shetland Pony Charlotte - but I might post a photo of our "mighty steed" some other time. Be well and good, thanks, hugz Val xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the lovely comment. Your artwork is beautiful. So fun and colourful.

    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Vania...I,ll take those two then....lol.....Luther would be perfect for my English Bulldog Meisje..( she is a bit smaller but weights a good 41 kilo.s...so that would be nice to play with Luther...every dog here seems to be affraid from her...maybe she is to ugly.. not to me she is...) and my little "black panther would be a good compagnion for Pepper) but i think...no I know!!...that I am out of luck there ..you would keep them for sure yourself...no kidding... they look absolutly adorable...both are so beautyful
    Pendants of glass???....cant wait to see them.. I still have some Muranoglass tiles here for my other hobby...mosaic...so maybe you inspire me to pick that up again... Have a nice Sunday..Saterday is almost over here...
    greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Francien, loved your commnet, still laughing - no I cannot give you my two painting buddies - they are all mine, mine, I say - but I am sure your ittle Meisje is beautiful and just a very tough girl, that is why all the dogs are afraid of her!

    Yes, I will try to make those glass tile pendants but I only just ordered the kit so I will have to wait a couple of weeks before I can do them - I hope I have insipried you to use your murano glass tiles for a similar project!

    Love chatting with you - all the best, hugz Val xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  11. they make such a cute pair together! i have my 16 year old min schnauzer presley as my studio companion. he's sleeping on my right foot as i type!! it's like have my own personal foot warmer. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie, thanks for your lovely comment - our pets are great painting buddies for us, and no doubt a great inspiration too - cheers Val xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sweet, both of them, such a great photo. I love all these different art items you make. I haven't got a clue yet? Hopefully one day?
    You inspire so much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Julie-ann, you are so very sweet - hugz Val xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely painting mates X:-)
    Am looking forward to your art pendants, Thankyou for dropping by my bloggy X:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nollyposh, thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete