Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Woodland Nymph" acrylic painting...



http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260435999891





Hi everyone in Blogger-ville! This is my newest little painting (25cm x 30cm on canvas board).

I painted her this morning - and yes, mermaids are out and now, other mythical creatures are in!!!

I wanted to do a painting in earthy tones, not for the painting itself, but for the image I would have which I can then shrink down and use in my new glass pendants "wearable art" - I really think this painting looks excellent inside the pewter tray glass pendants!!! So there we have it, a painting done for the pendants it would make, a first for me!

I now need to run along and maybe do some house work, perhaps a spot of grocery shopping, and yes, definitely some clothes washing - time has come for me to turn into superwife and supermom, especially since the kids are on school holidays now for 2 weeks!


I will pop in as often as I can over the next two weeks and catch up with you and your beautiful artwork! Take care everyone, hugz from Aussie Land, Val xoxo

13 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous ... she has a lovely warm feeling ... and it definitely translates well into the pendant size!

    Kathleen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen, thanks buddy, I wanted to use the earthy tones especially for this paiting, I love my browns! Yes, the pendant turned out well, really pleased with it - cheers Val xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! It did make a beautiful pendant!! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful and makes a great pendant! Have fun being supermom and superwife, I don't turn into those much anymore lol..really only on the weekends ;o) Enjoy the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your necklace looks so beautiful!
    Like her face in the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele, thank you - yes, holidays have well and truly started, we have cinemas and play-dates organised already lol - cheers Val xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jule-ann and Gypsy Rose, thanks so much - I think I will do a similar painting next time, but maybe in shades of red or shades of blue ???, thats what I am thinking - cheers Val xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful painting and very elegant pendant... hugs

    Myrarte♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Val, she is just gorgeous! The painting and the pendant. Great work!! Hugs, Silke
    P.S. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Silke, thanks so much - I really do love using earty/brown tones, so I was very glad with the outcome of this painting and the colours I chose to paint with :) Val xoxo

    ReplyDelete