Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vintage Doll Painting...




OK, something totally out of 'left field' for me - I took one of my daughter's vintage dolls out of its box and painted from the doll - that was my day today - she is still unfinished, needs to be varnished and perhaps I will do more to the shading of her face (I dont know yet) - but the day just whizzed by for me while I was painting. Now its evening and time for me to be a 'mom' again and make some dinner for the hungry family :D

I am browsing blogger a bit more these days and have even had time to stop by a few blogs and leave comments, yay! Until my next installment, cheers ladies, hugz Val xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Very nice!! Make sure you post of pic of the finished masterpiece!!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, LOL I think she is finished - playing around with her face now will just muck the painting up I think (the paint has dried and that bothers me!) - so this is it buddy - stick a fork in her, she is DONE - cheers and hugz Val xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! VAAALLLL!!! that is beautiful! and you call that unfinished??!! the painting looks like it came right out of an antique paintings auction!! the colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she's pretty! I agree, time FLIES when I'm painting! I wish I could do it as my 'real' job which crawls most days :) ha!
    Take care,
    Darla♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice painting of the doll. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is neat, and very different from your usual. I like it--would be cute in a girl's bedroom. Time does fly when you paint, doesn't it? I find it therapeutic somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning ladies and thanks so much for your lovely comments :D - yes, painting for a living would be magic, maybe then some of our artwork wouldn't get rushed at times but that is life and I am sure we all deal with it - actually, there is still time, we may get discovered one day LOL - must go now and check out the blogs I follow to see what new creations have been posted, cheers and hugz Val xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Val! Love her! and yes you are right the kidos grow up so fast!! xo Michele

    ReplyDelete