Saturday, September 19, 2009

I am not a Spring Chicken :D

...hello Bloggers, today is my 38th birthday and I don't know how that makes me feel - I actually still feel like I am in my mid 20's...but the Birth Certificate says differently LOL.

My kids are officially on school holidays - we have two weeks of fun and games - but also I am in the process of organising another holiday to QLD for us - we just need to get away from this crappy Melbourne weather - all I want to do is laze around the pool all day and the hubby also wants the same thing - must go to the travel agent tomorrow and book it as we are planning to take off by the end of the week.

Today my good friend Mary is Christening her little girl Natasha so we are slowly getting ready at my home, showering, dressing etc - the place will look like a bomb shelter by the time the four of us are ready but not much I can do about that til tomorrow when I will have time to clean up :O

I will return to blogger land after our holidays to Queensland when I will have some pics to post here - until then, hope everyone has safe school holidays (in Australia) and keeps safe and happy! Cheers, Val xoxo


12 comments:

  1. happiest of birthdays to you!! i will be 38 come april and can completely relate to the feeling of being in my 20's still! i am a believer that age is a number ... how old we are is a state of mind! enjoy your holiday too! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday val!! dun worry... we ALL feel like we're in the mid twenties! :)) age is in the heart... have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    ps...I still feel like I am in my mid-twenties too and I am 41!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my dear...i wish you all the happiness, health and piece in the world to your ( belated) birthday..sorry but i was on tour yesterday without my pc so therefor i am a tad late..but my wishes are standing for at least another 41 years!!!Keep up your lovely artwork..i love... and there is not only me...your creations!!
    be good now dear for the next 50 years to come, wont be able to "control"that...lol...and stay healthy!!
    greetings xxx Francien.( is there still cake??!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday dear! I hope you have a wonderful holiday. In MY book 38 IS a spring chicken!! By the way, I love your Night Owl bracelet--it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday. You're a springier chicken than I am, having had a BIG birthday this month, too. It's great to be getting older. I surely care less what other people think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey lovely ladies, thanks so much for your lovely birthday wishes - I had a great day yesterday, and the Christening was lovely too - so it was a party within a party.

    Now I am looking forwards to holidays which I booked this morning - we are going on the 29th Sep. and coming back on 5th October - 7 days in sunny Queensland and we are all so looking forward to doing "nothing at all LOL" - and yes, age is just a number, I think I will go with my 25 year old mind-set (who cares about all the saggy bits and the wrinkles) - wishin you lovely ladies all the very best until the next time we chat. HUGGGGZZZZZZZZZZ Val xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday, Val! I am 43 now and I still feel like I'm in my 20's. I don't know if that will ever change. And, yes, you are still a spring chicken!!

    Enjoy your holiday away!!

    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Silke - I think we are all young at heart, that's why we enjoy our art and various creations so much, they make us feel young - I plan to have a really great time on holidays, thats for sure :D -will post about it once we all get back home! Cheers Val xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated Birthday. I am sorry that I am so late reading your blog post.
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday!
    I like the love owls painting...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Pencil Sanity & Flor, thank you for the belated b-day wishes :D

    ReplyDelete