Saturday, September 12, 2009

"Mother & Child" little owls painting...


http://www.zibbet.com/ValZderoArtJewellery/artwork?artworkId=15573

...hello all you lovely talented ladies! Hope you are all well!

Yesterday was an unseasonably hot day, it reached 30C and today it is only 17C - but that is Melbourne - totally shocking unpredictable weather - so I spent the balmy hot day painting while the kids ran around the backyard in their summer clothes - today, we are all indoors with the heating going LOL!

School holidays start mid next week and this little painting shows a mommy owl spending time with her little chick! That will be me over the next two weeks, spending time with my two kids, movies, play dates, shopping, toys, playing and relaxing!

This painting is done on a canvas stretched over a wooden frame - 25cm x 30cm - it is done in so many layers - heaps of tissue paper glued over the entire painting, then painted again, with colours coming trough the various layers - I love the way it looks as it is very textured and I made a downright mess on my kitchen table creating it. Lots of gold filigree paint emphasised the wings of the owls and the flowers, as well as the log they are standing on - I think it is finished - I think all I need to do now is layer it in varnish, but I may decide to add more things to it tomorrow - remains to be seen.

I look forward to turning this painting into a little wearable art pendant - the colours should come through nicely I believe.

Anyway, must run now, Master 10 has a play date today, while Miss 7 will want to spend some "mother/daughter" time with me, don't know what she has planned, but it should be fun.

Cheers all, Val xoxoxoxo

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting. I especially like the love hearts on each owl!
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, thanks so much - you have a great Sunday too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val! Just catching up on your blog, its been a while since I ventured to blogger land, busy makin ice creams LOL
    Your little owl painting is cute and your jewellery is turning out gorgeous. You're on a roll baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jade, great to hear from you - welcome back to blogger land buddy!

    My jewellery is keeping things interesting here, a nice change from painting - but yesterday I actually sat down and painted the owls and put the jewellery away - whatever kills the boredom and relaxes the mind hey!?

    Say hello to Vlads and you two look after yourselves, hopefully we can catch up soon, cheers Val xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your owls!! I have a thing for owls anyway so this painting is really sticking in my mind. Great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey TeresainMS,thanks buddy - yes, I think a lot of people have a soft spot for owls - they are just too cute arent they :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore owls as well, and these two are beyond adorable. The texture is incredible. So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melissa, thanks so much for your lovely comments - your kind words have put a very happy smile on my face - all the best xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this painting!! One of my favorites of yours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOoooohh...how lovely they look!!such beautifull eyes...you can "tell"that they "love" each other.. and she is putting her wings so tenderly around her child....what a very friendly painting my dear...love it!!puts a smile on an old face...well done dear!!
    greetings xxx Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Michelle and Francien, thank you both so much lovely ladies - today I plan to start on my next painting, another little one, and I think it will be another owl painting - people really seem to love these little owls, so I feel like painting them once again :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such precious precious owlies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maia, thank so much :D - you have a great week xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very cute and well done. We are slowly going into fall here and know exactly what it feels like to have such temperature fluctuations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pencil Sanity - thanks for the lovely words.

    Yes, the weather is all over the place, but now we are looking at having scortching summer heat, so I am not looking at that either :(

    ReplyDelete