Thursday, November 5, 2009

Creating Prints & Making an Absolute Messssss...



hello Bloggers - today I spent the day printing, cutting, pasting and heaps of varnishing - I have decided to finally get some prints of my artwork done as I still haven't received my sterling silver wire for my jewellery madness from USA - so I figured I might as well make a start. I visited my craft shop this morning and found a heap of plywood pieces of wood which were cut out into various shapes and loved them for this project - right now, I have eight prints drying (as they have been lathered in varnish) on my dining table and they will remain there until tomorrow morning when I plan to hit them with another think layer of varnish - my daughter gave me a hand this afternoon and we have made an unbelievable mess of the kitchen LOL (I bet the hubby wont be laughing)!

Since taking this photo I have added lots of detail over the prints in gold paint (you know me, cant keep away from filigree detail :) and my daughter and I are threading lots of beads onto string/ribbon which will be attached to these prints and that is the way they will hang on the walls - the beads will dress them up nicely :D

Hope everyone has had a great week and I hope everyone has an excellent weekend ahead too - cheers Val xoxo

8 comments:

  1. nice going val! somehow i kinda miss your artwork :) what printer do you use?? they look real good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luthien, thanks sweetie you are so kind - I figured I may as well play around with the images of my paintings since I am not actually painting as yet, you know what I mean :) - my printer is an ink-jet printer - the colour cartridges cost a fortune, but hey, what can you do. The trick is to spray the prints with Permanent Clear Gloss Lacquer which sets the colour and then when I varnish the prints, the colours do not run and stay nice and sharp. In a few days I will take a picture of the finished products, they look so pretty with all the gold detail I have put on them - chat soon buddy, Val xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love this!! Just keep creating all these lovely things even though it means getting messy haha!!! You're really good! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You create such pretty things Val! Hard to believe a mess ever took place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Val. You know you can't be tidy and creative LOL... LOL@the messy kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really nice looking and seem like a fun project. Don't you just hate waiting for shipments of art goodies. I hope to get my shipment of pencils today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning TJ, Darla, Dors and Maria - thanks ladies for your lovely comments - mess, did someone say mess ~ there was diamond glaze everywhere and mostly on my hands. I had to soak them in soapy warm water for 5 minutes before the diamond glaze started to break up and I was able to scrub it off - luckily, the table surface survived thanks to the plastic table cloth I was working on but that one is finished now, will be in the bin soon and a new one unwrapped shortly - cheers gals and chat soon, Val xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. ps Maria, hope your pencils arrive soon - I have been waiting on my gems and wires for 3 weeks now and its doing my head in LOL

    ReplyDelete