Sunday, November 8, 2009

Jumping into a new and exciting project...


hello Bloggers - well, you are not going to believe my next creative move - you may actually start to wonder and think that I may be slightly deranged LOL - the truth is my silver supplies have still not arrived and my art studio is currently a storage space for a friend that is moving homes and painting is not an option - so as you can see I am all out of "artsy" things to do - soooooo.............. I made my first batch of home made (cold pressed) soap yesterday and another two batches this morning :D!!! YAY for me!

Ever since I joined Blogger in April of this year, I have come across so many different artists with heaps of creativity and passion for their artwork - hence my expansion/experimenting into jewellery making and now soap making - I have been purchasing home made soap over Etsy for a while now and curiosity got the better of me a few days ago - I found some great websites with simple recipies for cold pressed soap, went to my local supermarket yesterday and purchased all the ingredients. Then hubby and I, after the kids went to bed, made soap - we had a blast as we were both acting like we knew what we were doing, reading recipes, measuring ingredients, heating oils on the stove etc etc etc - 30 minutes later VOILA I had my first batch of soap - it is curing at the moment and I won't be able to see what it looks like until tonight when I can cut it into bars of soap - I will post some pics tomorrow (I am not expecting lovely colourful beautiful bars from these first few batches - it is all about learning at the moment and about functionality as I absolutely adore home made soap).

OK that's it for me for today - just thought to share this 'mental' attack of mine :D

Cheers and hugz, Val xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Look forward to seeing the pics! Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how exciting, I am totally addicted to handmade soaps now having found etsy. I can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dragonfly and Incalesco, I too am waiting with baited breath until 10pm tonight when I will be able to cut up my first soap log - the bad part is I will have to let it cure for at least 4 weeks before we can actually use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! how very fun!! i can't wait to see your handmade soaps!! ooooo.... i love handmade soaps too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Luthine, I am hanging to cut them up tonight - even better in a few weeks when I will actually be able to use them :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh patience - four weeks to cure? I think I'd go crazy! But that is something I have wanted to try - you can do some awesome soaps with that. I think my mum wants to have a go so you'll have to explain it to her when you see her

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jade - I found a few websites with a few easy recipes and step by step instructions - it was very easy to follow - if she is interested, I would be happy to give her the link :D

    ReplyDelete