Sunday, November 22, 2009

New MACRO pics of pendnats...





... I was chatting away on Twitter a few hours ago and a few very helpful ladies suggested I use 'macro' setting on my camera for taking photos for my etsy store - feedback is always great so I went and took out my instruction booklet for my trusty Sony Cyber-shot and... low and behold, I had a Macro setting on there - I have taken a few photos under lights (which is always hard) and plan to redo them tomorrow morning in natural sunlight...but even these pictures taken a few moments ago are MAGIC - all the detail is there and everything is so sharp - only now, after comparing my old photos and these macro shots can I see the vast difference between the two - I am very happy about this outcome - I suppose I just took it for granted that my artwork will sell itself...but great photos are so important when trying to advertise/sell you creations :D

9 comments:

  1. This pieces would make great presents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! You really make wonderful jewelry!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yea... photos are important! the most important i should say ... it's a major first impression :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a Helmut Norton myself dear Val..i am lucky to remember where i must push the button to make the pictures for my blog....lol..so you did a good job anyway...i just love the first picture and the very beautiful pendant, what a lovely colors the beads have...just stunning creations you made lately...i bet you sell them all!!
    greetings ♥ Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you kind and lovely ladies - the sales have been good so I cant complain - I have once again changed my mind about selling sites and have moved to Etsy permanently - you cannot fault a proven selling site, especially one that has so much traffic!!!

    Wishing you all happy upcoming holidays and a Merry Christmas :D hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Val these pieces are just stunning and the shots are great!!! How do you get your images in there? Do you use resin? Or is it a print behind glass like mine? I just love all the work around the picture too, you have such a distinct style asbsolutely beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nicola, thanks for the lovely compliments - the little pictures are inside tiny picture trays with glass domes over the top :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new setting pics. Well done.

    ReplyDelete