Sunday, December 27, 2009

PAINTING AGAIN...but on jewellery :D






Painting again LOL - I pulled out all my lovely bottles of Folk Art acrylic paints last night and hand painted these gorgeous lockets which require baking and the use of polymer clay and loads of layers of RESIN to seal them all in - LOVING this new process. So yes, I am finally paintings again...but not on canvases :D - I am cheeky!

I also have a couple of earrings (filigree brass) currently curing after I hand painted them this morning - I have to wait til tomorrow before I can add my favourite beads: Czech fire polished faceted rondelles - they too look lovely so far :D - will post pics. when they are ready :D

Hope all you lovely ladies have had a great Christmas with your loved ones and now I wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Don't forget to enter the jewellery giveaway which is on my previous post - your choice of prize!!!

14 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful, Val! I really want to feel them - the texture looks great! As much as I'd love to enter your giveaway, I want to leave owning one of your beautiful pieces to another lucky person. I already have two pieces of your jewelry and won that gorgeous painting - don't want to be greedy... Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! These are beautiful!I'm amazed by all the different techniques you can do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Silke and Nicola - thanks lovely ladies - Silke, I will enter you name into the giveaway, you won the last one a long time ago - so fingers crossed buddy :D

    Nicola, thanks mate - I am loving this new polymer clay and baking process and the resin which is so much stronger than the diamond glaze we use for our glass tiles, its a two part mixture and dries rock hard so its excellent and looks amazing too - water resistant as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - these are really nice too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dragonfly - just trying out new things and techniques - this process is becoming my favourite one now :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!! oxoxox Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, thank you Zinnia xoxoxo - hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well dear Val...i was still sitting back and waiting like you told me too in the previous post...lol...bud i had to take a closer look at this wunderful lockets..they are stunning!!...so beautiful made...you dont stop to amaze me... every day again!!
    greetings ♥ Francien.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Val,
    Hey good for you, doesn't matter its not painting on Canvas- "it's painting"
    These pieces look absolutely supurb!
    Wishing you all the best for 2010
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Francien and Anna :D

    Too kind as always Francien - I will be making many more of these kind of pieces the moment I get a few days free as its kids school holidays now and I am constantly doing something with the kids - today we are off to the cinemas - have a great NEW YEAR buddy hugz xoxo

    Hi Anna, yes, its painting, regardless on what surface, so it still counts LOL - have a wonderful New Year with your loved ones buddy - hugz Val xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks phantastic.
    You are so creativ.
    I wish you and your family a happy new year.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Janine -I wish you a very Happy New Year too buddy :D

    ReplyDelete