Monday, January 11, 2010

Wire Wrapped Cameos




...I received my order of cameos a few days ago, so now I am wire wrapping them with my new supply of Czech beads - they are coming along nicely. The previous horse cameo sold after only 12 hours of being listed, so that's an excellent sign - looks like these little pendants appeal to people so I will keep making them for now :D

Last night my family and I were in our pool at midnight as it was impossible to feel comfortable in the house - it reached 44.8 degrees here yesterday and did not fall under 30 degrees at night time, so not much sleep was had by anyone - even the poor aircon could not keep the house cool enough for comfort - so last night, at 3am I was wire wrapping my pendants - crazy I know, but necessary :D

OK my lovely bloggers, chat to you soon and enjoy the rest of your day :D

10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! i was busy crafting last night too, our house did not get below 34 last night so i eventually went and had a lie down in the back yard for 2 hours at 7am this morning until 9am. bliss!
    Good to see you enjoying your beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue - isnt our weather just ridiculous?! Once upon a time 35 degrees was a heatwave - now 35 degrees is a splendid day - its the mid 40's that are a worry now - there is a cool change coming through now it feels wonderful as there is a breeze and I am feeling back to normal :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Flor - antiquish look is what I am trying to achieve - have a great day buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val I'm loving these new pieces, they have a very romantic feel to them!! I was wondering if you could tell me how you put your etsy shop on your blog page? I have just finally opened my shop and would like to put it on my blog wasn't sure how.......I'm still learning when it comes to the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicola - go into your Etsy homepage then on the bottom left hand side of the screen it say Etsy Mini - go in there, design your add size and copy and paste it into the Blogger (customise button) - you can add third party functionality there - its pretty easy once you have done it once - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh brilliant thanks so much Val!!! heheh I'm not very computer minded but I'm getting there!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you dear friend. I am now sending you some Canadian north wind with some snow mixed in to cool you and your family off.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cameos are beautiful! I love the texture and the color that your bead work gives them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Doreen and Renee - thanks for the lovely comments - and Renee, would love some cool Canadian wind to cool us all down in this sweltering heat :D

    ReplyDelete