Monday, February 22, 2010

Little Saint in her French Garden





...another little painting I whipped up last night - I love working with these small 20cm x 25cm canvases as it means I don't need to be in the studio, I can bring what I need and paint these on the kitchen table in the evenings when the family is relaxing and watching TV - this is my little Saint in her French garden - once again there is heaps of texture and gorgeous puffed flowers on the canvas.

I also made this little WHITE filigree butterfly last night - I think sometimes "less is more" and wanted to make one plain - something that would suit any colour outfit - well, at least that was my reasoning being it :D

OK, must run now, so many things to do in so little time - chat soon Blogger buddies :D

PS FREE JEWELLERY SHIPPING TIL THE END OF THE WEEK :D IN MY ETSY SHOP

16 comments:

  1. ~she is beautifully sweet...love her full lips and gazing eyes...as for the butterfly...less can definitely be a statement...l♥ve...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous painting Val! More of these please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erin and Faerwillow, thank you lovely ladies :D - I think I will be doing more paintings now Erin, the jewellery bug has finally decided to let go a bit LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val,

    Another lovely painting. i love the puffed flowers and big eyes Still doing the chocolate binge thing I'm afraid :)
    Its wonderful seeing your paintings :)

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your french girl and garden!!! may be it is my french thinking touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you both Sharon and Lilasvb :D - this one was fun to paint and of course, I had glue all over the place - sort of got lost in my art and forgot I wasn't in the studio but at my kitchen table LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous honey! Thanks for the comments on my Goonies post. It is such a classic and I love that your kids watch it now! Kori xoxo

    ps I get so many compliments on the gorgeous pendant I won from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Blondie, you are welcome hon! And thank you for your lovely comments :D

    So glad you are enjoying your pendant and that people compliment you on it - EXCELLENT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is splendid!!
    You are so very talented!
    ox
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Christine, thank so much, what a sweet comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the beautiful thoughts !!!We are so happy that you like our work.Good luck with your beautiful work !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Harem6 - I look forward to sharing our art and chatting to you in the future :D

    ReplyDelete