Friday, June 11, 2010

Goddess Pendants...






...I have been wanting to make some Goddess jewellery for a very long time and lately I have been spending a lot of time on the internet reading up on this deity...

The Goddess has many names and many meanings some of which are Mother Goddess/The Great Mother/Gaia/Fertility Goddess - she is the being which gave birth to all other beings. She represents femininity, power and nurturing. Goddesses are mothers and creators, they ensure the fertility of land and people alike.

The spirals on her belly depict fertility and the vital magic of life. The Goddess raises her arms, invoking that spiral-power/energy within Her.

Here are 3 pendants I have made with the Goddess charm as the main focal point resting against a bed of leaves...I think that is very appropriate...

8 comments:

  1. Are you getting enough sleep dear Val?! do you eat properly?!...there must be just a few minutes there in the day for that left because you have made such a lot of very...and i mean VERY ... beautiful pendants lately...those with the Goddesses are awesome!...never saw anything like it...your head is filled with so many ideas that you problably wake up at night and start working on one...well.. i can understand if you do so...i used to do that when a quiltpattern was spinning in my head...now i am lucky to wake up at all...lol...seriously...you keep them coming your lovely post and i will show and tell...greetings ♥ Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooo, they're just beautiful!!!! You've really outdone yourself! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Becky and Francien - thank you :D - LOL Francien... you comment about waking up at all just cracked me up... seriously, I have become so good with the resin now that its second nature to me now...I am happy if I get just one hour a day to spend on my pendants, believe me I have one million and one things to do everyday and I squeeze these pendants in whenever I have the chance :D - enjoy your weekends ladies :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Hamilton, Ontario,Canada.

    I love your art work and your creativity. I am a published writer as well as a jewelry artist so it seems we have some things in common.

    Keep up the good work! My blog is htp://annaken0wilmasblog.blogspot.com if you wish to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OWwwwww. Just beautiful. Is one of these for me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Michelle, I think I will dm you hon :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. even if i am not really into jewels, yours are creative!

    ReplyDelete