Tuesday, March 20, 2012



I LOVE these Chan Luu style bracelets...but I don't have the patience to make them: the beads are tiny, the leather won't stay still, the silk string is so long and keeps knotting itself etc etc...that's why I purchased 3 bracelets last month from 3 talented ladies, all three purchased bracelets wrap around my wrist 3 or 5 times and I love wearing other's work, rather than my own - but I still love making these occasionally, ones that wrap only once around the wrist (that's all I can manage without losing my mind LOL)... so here is one I made this morning - it was going to be an anklet and then I changed my mind and stopped at a bracelet...it has rutilated quartz, labradorite and mother of pearl beads all around it and rather than knotting the bracelet close, I have wire wrapped it instead!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like cool pirat jewellery !
    I like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good in wire!

    I find that it helps if I attach the two ends of the leather to two chairs and keeps some tension going, then I can devote both hands to the beads.

    ReplyDelete